Wednesday 19 November 2014

my not so little boy turned two

so two years have passed since i gave birth to my little man... my amazing and loving boy... two years.


it feels like a blink, like a heart beat. i can still remember the dark birthing pool and the low music playing. my head resting on the side of the pool while my husband lay a cool facecloth on my neck. i still remember the sinking feeling when i was told i was only 3cms... the memories of poppy taking days and days to get from 3cms to 10cms.... then it was all over, in not much more than an hour. i felt i had to push. to meet him. and i did. he was so lovely and so like poppy. he looked at me from the water and he felt weightless. i stood up to carry him to the bed and suddenly felt his weight! 9lbs 9oz. such a big boy but so small...


now two years on and he is still so small to me, still so precious.

we had some friends round to play and we set up some messy tubs in the garden for them to muck about with... dinosaurs in ice eggs, shaving foam and another with moon sand.  they loved it ~ of course! the perfect thing for a 2 yr old boy ~ mess.

the dinosaurs were the best bit, i put them in balloons and filled them with water, then put them in the freezer overnight. in the morning i peeled off the balloons and sat them in a bowl with wee pots of warm water, salt and beetroot juice.  i gave them syringes and small spades and other tools to free the dinosaurs from their eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment